ULVAC, Inc. (Headquaters: Chigasaki, Kanagawa; President and CEO: Hisaharu Obinata; hereafter referred to as ULVAC) is pleased to announce that the company will add the new model of HELIOT 900 Series leak detectors on January 30, 2015.ULVAC, Inc. (Headquaters: Chigasaki, Kanagawa; President and CEO: Hisaharu Obinata; hereafter referred to as ULVAC) is pleased to announce that the company will add the new model of HELIOT 900 Series leak detectors on January 30, 2015.
A leak detector is a test instrument designed to locate and measure the amount of leakage from a sealed test object or vacuum system during helium leak testing operations.There is a process to reduce the internal pressure of the test object to a level where testing can begin (this process is called "roughing"). Various models with different roughing pumps are available depending upon the internal volume of the test objects. To address the case of testing very large-volume objects, leak testing is performed using a separate pumping system. In this case, there are issues such as lower detection sensitivity and costly equipment expense compared to performing the roughing process by using the leak detector itself as the pumping system.ULVAC released the HELIOT 900 series leak detectors in June 2014 with backing pump up to 250/300 (50 Hz/60 Hz) L/min). Now, this new HELIOT 904D4 model with 500/600 (50 Hz/60 Hz) L/min roughing pump has been added to fulfill the requirement to test even very-large volume test objects.
The following new model has been added to the HELIOT 900 series
HELIOT 904D4 with 500/600 (50Hz/60Hz) L/min (scroll dry pump) backing capacity.
The features of the new model are as follows:
1. Leak detector incorporating a roughing pump with highest pumping speed in the marketIt is particularly suitable for leak testing large-volume objects such as piping, valves, heat exchangers, components and vacuum systems by a single leak detector.
2. High-speed helium pumping for high sensitivity leak testingHelium pumping speed of 5 L/sec is two to three times faster than competing models in the same class. This new product provides superior improvements in time-saving, responsiveness, safety, stability, and testing sensitivity.
3. Tablet-type controller with wireless remote control capability as a standard featureAs the controller can be used as a wireless remote control, major improvements in ease-of-working and user-friendliness have been made concerning work with large testing targets. The tablet's 7-inch bright and clear capacitive touch panel display allows operators to check things directly at hand, enabling even more intuitive operation.
4. Advanced mobile cartTo ensure safe movement - even through narrow passages - , the mobile cart has the same compact dimensions as the HELIOT 900 series model with a 250 L/min roughing pump. The cart embodies numerous features requested by professionals in laboratories, such as a compact body, large wheels, a flat panel cover, and the easy maneuverability.
5. Reduction in startup timeThe unit starts up quickly, and can be ready for use in as little as two minutes. It shuts down quickly as well (within a minute), making it easy to use when taking it from place to place in quick succession.
6. Improved user serviceabilityThe instrument panels can be removed without tools. The internal structure provides good service ability. Maintenance can be performed in accordance with step-by-step videos that can be displayed on the controller, even when the main unit has been switched off.
Sales target: 50 units annually
Sales price range: 4,200,000 yen (tax-excluded)
ULVAC, Inc. Components Division compo_info