ULVAC, Inc. (Headquarters: Chigasaki, Kanagawa; President and CEO: Hisaharu Obinata; hereafter referred to as ULVAC) is pleased to announce that the company will launch the HELIOT 900 Series leak detectors on June 19, 2014.ULVAC, Inc. (Headquarters: Chigasaki, Kanagawa; President and CEO: Hisaharu Obinata; hereafter referred to as ULVAC) is pleased to announce that the company will launch the HELIOT 900 Series leak detectors on June 19, 2014.
Leak detectors are test equipment designed to measure the amount of leakage and locate leaks during helium leak testing, a method of testing leaks using helium gas. Helium leak testing provides higher sensitivity than any other leak test method and enables fast and accurate testing, even for minor leaks. Due to these advantages, helium leak testing is used in a wide range of industries that require leak testing, including production lines for various piping components, electronic devices, air-conditioners, chillers, and automobiles, as well as food/drug packaging and medical equipment.
ULVAC has been selling leak detectors since the 1960s, and since 1995, the name of these products has been the HELIOT Series. We have fully upgraded our time-tested HELIOT 710 Series products to launch the brand-new HELIOT 900 Series.
The HELIOT 900 Series consists of the following four models:
1. Portable/901: Suitable for stationary installations (on the table, floor, etc.)
HELIOT 901W1 Equipped with an oil-sealed rotary vacuum pump, 30 L/minHELIOT 901D2 Equipped with a scroll dry pump, 90 L/min
2. Mobile/904: Cart-mounted type with ease of moving to support large workpieces
HELIOT 904W2 Equipped with an oil-sealed rotary vacuum pump, 135 L/minHELIOT 904D3 Equipped with a scroll dry pump, 250 L/min
Following are the new products' features:
1. The products provide a helium pumping speed of 5 L/sec, which is two to three times higher than competing models in the same class.To meet today's ever-demanding helium leak testing requirements, such as shorter test times and higher responsiveness, stability and detection sensitivity, we have dramatically improved helium evacuation capability while increasing the sensitivity of the detection unit.
2. Tablet-type controller as a standard featureThe display is no longer fixed to the detector body, eliminating operational constraints and greatly improving usability. The 7-inch capacitance touch panel allows operators to work with the detector more intuitively and promptly while holding it in hand. The controller comes standard with wireless remote connection to enable remote control operation. The display supports seven languages.
3. Advanced mobile cartTo ensure safe movement -- even through narrow passages -- the cart embodies numerous features requested by professionals in laboratories, such as a compact body, large wheels, a flat panel cover, and the ease of moving and placing.
4. Improved user serviceabilityThe service panel can be removed without tools. The internal structure provides good serviceability.Maintenance can be performed in accordance with a step-by-step video that can be displayed on the controller.
5. The products are interchangeable with existing models to enable a smooth transition.
HELIOT900HELIOT 901W1 and 901D2
HELIOT904HELIOT 904W2 and 904D3
Sales target: 800 units annually
Sales price range: 2,400,000 to 3,550,000 yen
ULVAC, Inc. Components Division compo_info