Reliance Electric Ltd. (Headquarters: Yokohama, Kanagawa; President: Junichi Ishizaki), an ULVAC group company that manufactures control systems, is pleased to announce the December launch of a new motor drive unit, the Drive MuLti. The Drive MuLti uses control loops built into the existing Reliance Electric AC vector inverter controller. This motor drive unit was specifically designed to enable control system cost reductions as well as to realize Decentralized-System-Control by integrating performance of the vector control inverter and advanced line-drive application technology called MAOCH Technology.Reliance Electric Ltd. (Headquarters: Yokohama, Kanagawa; President: Junichi Ishizaki), an ULVAC group company that manufactures control systems, is pleased to announce the December launch of a new motor drive unit, the Drive MuLti. The Drive MuLti uses control loops built into the existing Reliance Electric AC vector inverter controller. This motor drive unit was specifically designed to enable control system cost reductions as well as to realize Decentralized-System-Control by integrating performance of the vector control inverter and advanced line-drive application technology called MAOCH Technology.
The Drive MuLti is an all-in-one inverter system. It integrates into one inverter system the control functions required for driving systems for the converting industry, such as on coater and laminate lines, printers, and web transfer lines, and it can change motor rotation speeds freely, continuously, and efficiently.On steel industry process lines too, the Drive MuLti provides stability of the entire line thanks to its high functionality and performance. Furthermore, bridle load sharing is equipped as standard in the outer control loop, so that all driving control can be processed within the Drive MuLti.Conventional controllers process each control system individually. On the other hand, using the Drive MuLti means the controller only processes the main control and auxiliary operation of the entire line, which greatly reduces load.
1. High control precision
• High-precision control of speed and torque
2. Integrated control loop
• In addition to the basic speed-loop function, the Drive MuLti includes various other types of control loops for line drive applications, such as current, tension, dancer, and helper control loops.
3. High performance
• The Drive MuLti includes a high-performance vector control loop for induction motor and synchronous motor control.
• Easy to operate: HMIs with essential functions are provided on the face plate
• The tuning of motor parameters required for control is also applied.
• If the communications option is added, connection to various field networks is realized (via PROFInet/EtherNet/IP).
• Drive terminal software further facilitates configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
• Simply removing the face plate enables users to access the control board, which facilitates periodic replacement work such as cooling fan replacement.5. Compact and space saving
• Thanks to the bookshelf design, the Drive MuLti is 40% smaller than Reliance Electric's GV3000 drive.
• Space saving design. Control panel space can be saved thanks to the unit's zero-stacking structure (skid-less installation).
6. Many functions and flexible communications
• The Drive MuLti has a drive terminal communication port (USB) and the AMX network as standard.
• As an optional extra, each type of field network can be connected so users can build flexible networks.
• A greater selection of communications functions is available. The Drive MuLti supports status monitoring on the entire line, to which great priority is given in lines such as those for metal processing. The Drive MuLti can also support production planning and maintenance from remote area, and many other additional operations.
7. Easy replacement from existing control systems
• In addition to new systems, the Drive MuLti can also be used as replacing drive to existing systems that users cannot updates or repair any more due to deterioration, product discontinuation, or other reasons.8. Environmentally friendly
• Compliant with the EU's Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) directive.
• This environmentally-friendly drive unit complies with restrictions of use for six hazardous substances.
The Drive MuLti is designed for the following applications:
• Coater lines
• Laminate lines
• Printing machines
• Various web transfer lines
• Winding lines
• Metal process lines
• Leveler lines
• Slitter lines
• Blanking lines
|[200 V]||[400 V]|
|UDM2022 290,000 yen||UDM4012 290,000 yen|
|UDM2035 360,000 yen||UDM4022 360,000 yen|
|UDM2047 430,000 yen||UDM4035 425,000 yen|
We expect combined sales of 2,000 units for the [200 V] and [400 V] models per year.
Reliance Electric Ltd.
http://www.reliance-electric.co.jp/ (Japanese Site)