ULVAC-RIKO, Inc. (Head office: Yokohama, Kanagawa; President: Yoshikazu Ishii) has announced that it has developed a new product, the Aqua Passing Rate Measurement System (water vapor transmission measurement system), jointly with ULVAC, Inc. (Headquarters: Chigasaki, Kanagawa; President & CEO: Hidenori Suwa).ULVAC-RIKO, Inc. (Head office: Yokohama, Kanagawa; President: Yoshikazu Ishii) has announced that it has developed a new product, the Aqua Passing Rate Measurement System (water vapor transmission measurement system), jointly with ULVAC, Inc. (Headquarters: Chigasaki, Kanagawa; President & CEO: Hidenori Suwa).
AQ PassR is a system for measuring water vapor transmission rates (WVTR) of films that protect products vulnerable to water including electronic device protective films (barrier films), food packaging films, beverage packaging films, and medicine packaging films. This system is the first to use a dew point meter (patent pending) as a sensor for detecting the amount of water vapor transmitted through a film and adopts the equal-pressure method. Compared to competing products that also adopt the equal-pressure method (using infrared sensors to detect the amount of water vapor transmission), this system offers equivalent or higher performance at the best price. When water vapor transmission rate is measured by using a vacuum, one side of the specimen film is under vacuum while the other side is under atmospheric pressure, and thus a pressure difference occurs with regard to the specimen film. When the equal-pressure method is used, both sides of a specimen film are under atmospheric pressure, i.e. the same pressure, and this minimizes damage to the specimen film.Films of a standard size of φ90 mm can be measured as samples. This system is intended to be used for the evaluation of barrier films deposited on stretched materials and of films with high water vapor transmission. The system has two chambers for the independent measurement of two samples. It can measure two specimens simultaneously, enabling the real-time comparison of samples. Up to 31 AQ PassR units can be controlled from one PC, which means that up to 62 samples can be measured simultaneously. We offer the water vapor transmission measurement for various kinds of films with best price.
1. Success of high resolution, 0.5 mg/m2/day, by the measurement using a dew-point sensor.
2. Introduction of no sample deflection measurement by the equal pressure.
3. Simultaneous measurement system for two different samples
4. Simultaneous control system for MAX. 31 different AQ PassR instruments. This system can measure up to 62 samples simultaneously.
5. Measurement of an aqua passing rate for various kinds of film, diameter 90 mm.
6. Measurement of an aqua passing rate at an arbitrary sample temperature 40 to 80ºC.
Energy-related film.・Solar battery barrier film.
Barrier function film.・PVDC coating film.・Aluminum depositing film.・Transparent depositing film.
Electronic device protective films.Food package.Beverage package.Medicine packages.
1. Aqua passing rate resolution : 0.5 mg/m2/day（measured at 40ºC）
2. Drying pure nitrogen : Above purity 99.999%
3. Sample size : φ90mm (Standard)φ30 to φ10mm (Option)
4. Temperature sensor : Thermocouple (JIS K)
5. Sample temperature : 40 to 80ºC
1. Valve driving pressure : 0.5MPa
2. Power requirements : AC100V, 15A
3. Instrument weight : 41kg
4. Footprint : About W430mm×D800mm×H360mm *Note : non-outshoot
Catalog price : 14.5 million yen
This new product will be exhibited at the ULVAC-RIKO booth (7B-504) at JAIMA EXPO 2010/SIS 2010, held at Makuhari Messe in Makuhari, Chiba for three days from September 1, 2010 (Wed) to September 3, 2010 (Fri), under the sponsorship of Tokyo Scientific Instrument Association and Japan Analytical Instruments Manufacturers' Association.
ULVAC-RIKO, Inc. Sales.TEL: +81-45-931-2285 / FAX: +81-45-933-9973